Portwest AF73 Araflame Red Flame-Resistant Coveralls
The Portwest AF73 Araflame Red Flame-Resistant Coveralls are lightweight and breathable, but that doesn't mean they are any less effective in repelling flames. The Araflame fabric will not only protect you, but the material's impressive tensile strength provides durability and tear-resistance.
What Can the Araflame Red Flame Resistant Coveralls Do to Help Me?
The coveralls have several helpful features:
- Fireproof: The coveralls qualify as protective against radiant, convective and contact heat, as well as featuring sew on flame resistant industrial wash tape
- Durable: Triple-stitched seams for durability, long lasting brass zips and Araflame fabric has good tensile strength
- Functional: Radio loops for simple clipping of radio, two way zip for easy access, sleeve pocket for secure storage
- Comfortable: Elasticated waist for freedom of movement and hook and loop cuffs for a secure fit
Araflame Plus is a lightweight, flame resistant aramid which offers high tensile strength and anti-static protection as well as comfort and breathability. The AF73 Coveralls are an excellent example of a flame resistant Araflame Plus garment.
Are the Coveralls Available in Any Other Colours?
Yes, the coveralls are also available in the following colours:
Who Can Use the Portwest Flame Resistant Coveralls?
The Portwest coveralls are ideal for men who work in industries where protection from flame and heat is necessary. For example, the coveralls are well suited to the oil, gas and petrochemical industries.
Which Size Is Right for Me?
To find the right size for you please measure yourself around the chest as illustrated in the diagram below. Next please locate the corresponding size in the drop down menu at the top of the page. If you are between sizes then we recommend you choose the larger one.
What Certifications Do the AF73 Coveralls Receive?
To ensure you can rely on the AF73 Coveralls, they have been tested to a range of different EN standards. These are as follows.
- EN 11612:
- A1: Limited flame spread
- A2: Limited flame spread, hemmed
- B1: Convective heat (scale 1-3)
- C1: Radiant heat (scale 1 - 4)
- F1: Contact heat (scale 1 - 3)
- EN 1149:
- 5: Protects against electrostatic discharge in case of an explosion
- ASTM F1959/ F1959M-12 ATPV 5.9 CAL/CM² (HAF 63.1%)
- ELIM testing in progress
What Do These Certifications Mean?
- EN 11612: This standard determines whether a garment offers protection against heat and flame, and whether this protection extends to convective, radiant or contact heat
- EN 1149-5: This standard demonstrates whether a garment protects against electrostatic discharge in environments such as petrochemical refineries where there is a risk of explosion
- ASTM F1959: This standard determines the arc rating of a garment, which is the amount of energy needed to pass through the fabric to cause a second or third degree burn
The coveralls are resistant to convective, radiant and contact heat and will protect against electrostatic discharge in the event of an explosion. The coveralls qualify as having arc flash protection.
If you would like to find out more about this topic we suggest you read our blog on Flame Resistant Standards: What Do I Need to Know?
The coveralls are available in khaki, navy, orange, blue and red
What Are the Key Features of the Coveralls?
- Inherent flame resistant qualities will not diminish with washing
- Protection against radiant, convective and contact heat
- Sew on flame resistant industrial wash tape
- Triple-stitched seams for extra durability
- Radio loop for easy clipping of a radio
- Two-way zip for quick and easy access
- Durable, strong and long lasting brass zips
- Hook and loop cuffs for a secure fit
- Sleeve pocket for secure storage
How Should I Care for the Coveralls?
- Wash at 60°C or below
- Do not bleach
- Tumble dry at medium temperatures
- Iron at medium temperatures
- Dry cleanable
- Shell Fabric: 93% Meta-aramid, 5% Para-aramid, 2% Carbon Fibre 150g
|Declaration of Conformity |