Portwest BZ14 Orange Iona Bizweld Trousers
Bizweld is the ideal fabric for withstanding hazards such as molten iron and radiant heat, while garments from the Iona range are guaranteed to increase your visibility in dingy conditions. The Portwest BZ14 Orange Iona Bizweld Trousers combine the benefits of these two collections, with an impressive set of protective standards as well as the characteristic stripes of high-vis tape on both legs.
What Can the Orange Iona Bizweld Trousers Do for Me?
The trousers have several helpful features:
- Thermal Hazard Protection: Defence against arc flashes, molten metal splashes and radiant, convective and contact heat
- High-Vis Stripes: FR reflective stripes on the legs increase visibility
- Comfortable: Half-elasticated waist for secure and comfortable fit
- Functional: Three pockets for storage and twin-stitched seams for maximum durability
Welding and other allied industries require particularly hardy and flame resistant PPE. Bizweld fabric has been designed with just these professions in mind, ensuring that the Bizweld trousers can effectively protect you.
Are the Portwest Iona Trousers Available in Any Other Colours?
Yes, the trousers are also available in Navy.
Who Can Use the Portwest Iona Bizweld Trousers?
The trousers are well suited to poorly lighted environments due to their bands of reflective tape. They will effectively shield you from such industrial hazards as arc flashes, molten iron and contact, convective and radiant heat. A short list of some of the professions and settings for which the trousers are appropriate protective wear follow here:
- Factory work
- Maintenance engineering
- Offshore industry
- Plant operator
Which Size Is Right for Me?
To establish the correct size for you please measure the circumference of your waist as illustrated in the diagram. Then, with reference to the table below select the right option from the drop down menu at the top of the page.
|Size ||Waist Measurement (cm) |
|Small ||76 - 80cm |
|Medium ||81 - 88cm |
|Large ||89 - 96cm |
|Extra Large ||97 - 104cm |
|XX-Large ||105 - 112cm |
|XXX-Large ||113 - 120cm |
What Certifications Have the Portwest Bizweld Trousers Received?
The Portwest trousers have undergone thorough testing, so you can be certain of your safety at work. Certifications include:
- EN 11612
- A1: Limited flame spread
- A2: Limited flame spread, hemmed
- B1: Convective heat (scale 1 - 3)
- C1: Radiant heat (scale 1 - 4)
- E2: Molten iron splash (scale 1 - 3)
- F1: Contact heat (scale 1 - 3)
- EN ISO 11611
- ASTM F1959/ F1959M - 12 ATPV = 11.2 cal/cm² (HAF = 80.4%)
What Do These Certifications Mean?
- EN 1149-5: This standard demonstrates whether a garment protects against electrostatic discharge in environments such as petrochemical refineries where there is a risk of explosion
- EN 11612: This standard determines whether a garment offers protection against heat and flames, and whether this protection extends to convective, radiant or contact heat
- ASTM F1959: This standard determines the arc rating of a garment, which is the amount of energy needed to pass through the fabric to cause a second or third degree burn
The trousers have an ARC rating of 2 and will attenuate 80.4% of the heat resulting from an electric arc. Welding hazards have also been tested for, and the trousers are certified as providing class 1 protection from such dangers. The trousers will also shield you from radiant, convective and contact heat.
Is Further Information Available on These Certifications?
If you would like to find out more about the standards mentioned here please read one of our blogs on the subject:
What Are the Key Features of the Bizweld Trousers?
- Flame resistant reflective tape for increased visibility
- Pockets for storage including a side pocket and a rule pocket
- Half elasticated waist for a secure and comfortable fit
- Twin-stitched seams for maximum durability
- Fabric blocks 98% of UV rays
- OEKO-Tex certified as free from harmful chemicals
How Should I Care for the Trousers?
- Wash at temperatures of 40°C or below
- Do not bleach
- Do not tumble dry
- Iron at medium temperatures
- Do not dry clean
What Are the Technical Details of the Iona Trousers?
- Shell Fabric: 100% cotton, FR finish 330g
What Documentation Is Available?
|Conformity Statement |