Portwest FR21 Bizflame Grey FR Welding Boiler Suit
Workers in the offshore industry have to contend with extreme climates, and the Portwest FR21 Bizflame Grey FR Welding Boiler Suit is designed with the demands of warm weather in mind. The lightweight, flame resistant, anti-static jumpsuit qualifies as providing class 1 welding protection, and can handle molten metal at high temperatures.
What Can the Bizflame Grey FR Welding Boiler Suit Do for Me?
The boiler suit has several helpful features:
- Welding Protection: Class 1 welding protection, allowing for hazardous welding activities with high temperature metals
- Flame Resistant: Effective shield against radiant, convective and contact heat
- Lightweight: Extremely lightweight fabric is ideal for warmer weather
- Functional: Two tier knee pad pockets for durability, two-way zip for quick and easy access, ten pockets for storage and radio loops for easy clipping of a radio
The jumpsuit is made from Bizflame Plus fabric, known for its durable triple stitching, reflective industrial wash tape and carbon fibre content that inhibits the build-up of static energy.
Is the Boiler Suit Available in Any Other Colours?
Yes, the boiler suit is available in several other colours:
Who Can Use the Portwest Bizflame FR Welding Boiler Suit?
The super lightweight boiler suit has been designed with the warm weather demands of the offshore industry in mind. The jumpsuit is ideal for any environment where welding or allied processes are required, and hazards such as fire or electrostatic discharge must be anticipated. Following are several of the professions and environments for which the boiler suit is suitable:
- Offshore industry
- Oil and gas industry
- Industrial maintenance
Which Size Is Right for Me?
To find the correct size for you please measure yourself around the waist and chest as illustrated in the images below, then find the corresponding size with reference to the table. Next please select this size from the drop down menu at the top of the page.
|Size ||Chest Measurement (cm) ||Waist Measurement (cm) |
|Small ||92 - 96cm ||76 - 80cm |
|Medium ||100 - 104cm ||84 - 88cm |
|Large ||108 - 112cm ||92 - 96cm |
|Extra Large ||116 - 124cm ||100 - 104cm |
|XX-Large ||128 - 132cm ||108 - 112cm |
What Certifications Has the Portwest Bizflame Boiler Suit Received?
The jumpsuit has been extensively tested so you can be certain of your absolute safety at work.
- EN 11612:
- A1: Limited flame spread
- A2: Limited flame spread, hemmed
- B1: Convective heat (scale 1-3)
- C1: Radiant heat (scale 1-4)
- F1: Contact heat
- EN ISO 11611
- EN 1149:
- 5: Protects against electrostatic discharge in case of an explosion
What Do These Certifications Mean?
- EN 1149-5: This standard demonstrates whether a garment protects against electrostatic discharge in environments such as petrochemical refineries where there is a risk of explosion
- EN 11612: This standard determines whether a garment offers protection against heat and flames, and whether this protection extends to convective, radiant or contact heat
- EN 11611: This standard shows whether an item of clothing is suitable for welding or similar tasks and will protect the wearer from heat and metal splashes
The Portwest jumpsuit qualifies as offering class 1 welding protection, meaning it will adequately protect you from molten metal and sparks at extremely high temperatures. The coveralls are also anti-static, and will shield the wearer from radiant, convective and contact heat.
Is Further Information Available on These Certifications?
If you would like to find out more about the standards mentioned here please read one of our blogs on the subject:
- Flame resistance is guaranteed for the life of the garment
- Protection against radiant, convective and contact heat
- Class 1 welding protection
- Sew on reflective flame resistant tape for increased visibility
- Two tier knee pad pockets for durability and wearer comfort
- Two-way zip for quick and easy access
- Hook and loop cuffs for a secure fit
- Radio loops for easy clipping of a radio
- Ten pockets for ample storage
- OEKO-Tex certified as free from harmful chemicals
How Should I Care for the Portwest Boiler Suit?
- Wash at temperatures of 60°C or below
- Do not bleach
- Tumble dry at low settings
- Iron at high temperatures
- Do not dry clean
What Are the Technical Details of the FR Boiler Suit?
- Shell Fabric: 99% Cotton, 1% Carbon Fibre 210g
|Declaration of Conformity |