Portwest FR37 Grey Bizflame Pro Class 1 Welding Overalls
If you work around thermal hazards such as molten iron then the Portwest FR38 Grey Bizflame Pro Class 1 Welding Overalls will offer you durable, reliable personal protection. The overalls are flame resistant, anti-static and feature twin-stitched seams so you can be confident in their longevity.
What Can the Grey Bizflame Pro Class 1 Welding Overalls Do for Me?
The overalls have several helpful features:
- Multi-Hazard: Guaranteed flame resistance for life of garment, protection from molten metal splashes
- Anti-Static: Garment will prevent a build-up of static charge around the wearer
- Durable: Twin-stitched seams and durable brass zips for maximum longevity
- Functional: Double rule pocket, flapped back pocket and chest pocket ideal for tool storage, elasticated straps for comfortable, secure fit
Bizflame Pro, the fabric from which the overalls are constructed, is designed specifically to shield the wearer from flames, static build-up and welding hazards. The carbon fibre element of the material ensures the anti-static properties are inherent.
Are the Portwest Bizflame Pro Welding Overalls Available in Any Other Colours?
The Portwest overalls are also available in Navy.
Who Can Use the Portwest Bizflame Pro Overalls?
The overalls are suited for use in proximity to molten metal and other heat and flame related hazards. They offer extensive coverage, and will prevent a build-up of static charge which could lead to an explosion. Some of the professions and environments for which the overalls are designed follow here:
- Petrochemical refineries
- Sheet metal workers
- Offshore industry
- Oil and gas industry
- Maintenance work
Which Size Is Right for Me?
To find the correct size for you please measure yourself around the waist and chest as illustrated in the images below, then find the corresponding size with reference to the table. Please select this size from the drop down menu at the top of the page.
|Size ||Chest Measurement (cm) ||Waist Measurement (cm) |
|Small ||92 - 96cm ||76 - 80cm |
|Medium ||97 - 104cm ||81 - 88cm |
|Large ||103 - 112cm ||89 - 96cm |
|Extra Large ||113 - 124cm ||97 - 104cm |
|XX-Large ||125 - 132cm ||105 - 112cm |
|XXX-Large ||133 - 140cm ||113 - 120cm |
What Certifications Have the Portwest Class 1 Welding Overalls Received?
The Portwest overalls have undergone thorough testing, so you can be certain of your safety at work.
- EN 11612:
- A1: Limited flame spread
- A2: Limited flame spread, hemmed
- B1: Convective heat (scale 1 - 3)
- C1: Radiant heat (scale 1 - 4)
- E3: Molten iron splash (scale 1 - 3)
- F1: Contact heat (scale 1 - 3)
- EN ISO 11611
- EN 1149:
- 5: Protects against electrostatic discharge in case of an explosion
What Do These Certifications Mean?
- EN 1149-5: This standard demonstrates whether a garment protects against electrostatic discharge in environments such as petrochemical refineries where there is a risk of explosion
- EN 11612: This standard determines whether a garment offers protection against heat and flames, and whether this protection extends to convective, radiant or contact heat
- EN 11611: This standard shows whether an item of clothing is suitable for welding or similar tasks and will protect the wearer from heat and metal splashes
Under EN 11612 the overalls offer protection against radiant, convective and contact heat, as well as the highest possible level of protection against splashes of molten iron. The overalls have also achieved certification under EN 11611, demonstrating they are suitable for welding tasks. Finally, the EN 1149 qualification indicates the garment will prevent a build-up static charge around the wearer.
Is Further Information Available on These Certifications?
If you would like to find out more about the standards mentioned here please read one of our blogs on the subject:
What Are the Key Features of the Bizflame Pro Overalls?
- Flame resistance can be relied on for the life of the garment
- Certified protection against splashes of molten metal, radiant, convective and contact heat
- Fabric blocks 98% of harmful UV rays
- Twin-stitched seams and brass zips for maximum durability
- Elasticated straps for a secure, comfortable fit
- Five pockets for storage including handy chest pocket
- OEKO-TEX certified as free from harmful chemicals
How Should I Care for the Portwest Overalls?
- Wash at temperatures of 40°C or below
- Do not bleach
- Do not tumble dry
- Iron at medium temperatures
- Do not dry clean
What Are the Technical Details of the Bizflame Pro Overalls?
- Shell Fabric: 99% cotton, 1% carbon fibre 330g
What Documentation Is Available?
|Conformity Statement ||Instructions for Use |
| || |