Portwest FR57 Red Bizflame Offshore Overalls
The Portwest FR57 Red Bizflame Offshore Overalls will protect you from the common hazards faced by an employee of the oil and gas industry, such as arc flashes, molten metal and radiant, convective and contact heat. The overalls offer class 2 welding protection as well as inherent anti-static properties and reflective strips of tape for increased visibility.
What Can the Red Bizflame Offshore Overalls Do for Me?
The overalls have a number of useful features:
- Flame/Heat Resistant: Resistant to radiant, convective and contact heat as well as class 2 protection from welding and molten metal splashes
- Arc Flash Protection: Shields the wearer from the thermal hazards of an electric arc
- Anti-Static: Prevents static charge from building up around the wearer
- Functional: Knee pad pockets for comfort and durability, seven pockets for ample storage, adjustable bottom leg opening and durable brass zips for easy access
The offshore overalls feature durable triple stitched seams, and inherent anti-static properties. This is thanks to their construction from the highly innovative material Bizflame Plus, which has achieved good results when subjected to the EN 11612 manikin flame resistance test.
Are the Offshore Overalls Available in Any Other Colours?
Yes, the overalls are also available in Blue.
Who Can Use the Portwest Bizflame Offshore Overalls?
Anyone who welds as part of their job will benefit from the offshore overalls, which offer exemplary protection from molten metal splashes, as well as radiant, convective and contact heat. They are also suitable for electrical work due to the arc flash and anti-static protective qualities. A short list of some of the professions and environments the overalls are suitable for follows here:
- Oil rigs
- Offshore industries
- Gas industry
- Sheet metal work
Which Size Is Right for Me?
To find the correct size for you please measure yourself around the waist and chest as illustrated in the images below, then find the corresponding size with reference to the table. Next please select this size from the drop down menu at the top of the page.
|Size ||Chest Measurement (cm) ||Waist Measurement (cm) |
|Small ||92 - 96cm ||76 - 80cm |
|Medium ||97 - 104cm ||81 - 88cm |
|Large ||103 - 112cm ||89 - 96cm |
|Extra Large ||113 - 124cm ||97 - 104cm |
|XX-Large ||125 - 132cm ||105 - 112cm |
|XXX-Large ||133 - 140cm ||113 - 120cm |
|XXXX-Large ||141 - 148cm ||121 - 128cm |
What Certifications Have the Portwest Bizflame Overalls Received?
The Portwest overalls have undergone rigorous testing, so you can be certain of your safety at work.
- EN 11612:
- A1: Limited flame spread
- A2: Limited flame spread, hemmed
- B1: Convective heat (scale 1 - 3)
- C1: Radiant heat (scale 1 - 4)
- E2: Molten iron splash (scale 1 - 3)
- F1: Contact heat (scale 1 - 3)
- EN ISO 11611
- ASTM F1959/ F1959M - 12 ATPV = 13.6 Cal/cm² (HAF=82%)
- IEC 61482
- EN 1149:
- 5: Protects against electrostatic discharge in case of an explosion
What Do These Certifications Mean?
- EN 1149-5: This standard demonstrates whether a garment protects against electrostatic discharge in environments such as petrochemical refineries where there is a risk of explosion
- EN 11612: This standard determines whether a garment offers protection against heat and flames, and whether this protection extends to convective, radiant or contact heat
- EN 11611: This standard shows whether an item of clothing is suitable for welding or similar tasks and will protect the wearer from heat and metal splashes
- ASTM F1959: This standard determines the arc rating of a garment, which is the amount of energy needed to pass through the fabric to cause a second or third degree burn
- IEC 61482: This standard indicates the garment's ability to provide protection against the thermal hazards of an electrical arc
The overalls feature inherent anti-static properties, and also offer protection from arc flashes and radiant, convective and contact heat. Class 2 welding protection certifies that these overalls will shield the wearer from splashes of molten metal and other related hazards.
Is Further Information Available on These Certifications?
If you would like to find out more about the standards mentioned here please read one of our blogs on the subject:
What Are the Key Features of the Bizflame Overalls?
- Flame resistance is guaranteed to last for the life of the garment
- Protection from radiant, convective and contact heat
- Class 2 welding protection against molten metal splashes
- Reflective flame resistant industrial wash tape for increased visibility
- Two tier knee pad pockets for durability and wearer comfort
- Fabric blocks 98% of UV rays
- Seven pockets for ample storage
- OEKO-TEX certified as free from harmful chemicals
How Should I Care for the Portwest Overalls?
- Wash at temperatures of 60° or below
- Do not bleach
- Tumble dry at low temperatures
- Iron at high temperatures
- Do not dry clean
What Are the Technical Details of the Offshore Overalls?
- Shell Fabric: 99% Cotton, 1% Carbon Fibre 350g
|Declaration of Conformity |