Portwest FR71 Yellow High-Vis Anti-Static FR Vest
Electrostatic discharge is a ubiquitous hazard in industrial environments, and the Portwest FR71 Yellow High-Vis Anti-Static FR Vest offers ample protection from this risk. The vest meets two separate standards of high visibility, qualifying it for use in low light conditions, and the garment is also certified as an effective shield against limited exposure to heat and flames.
What Can the Yellow High-Vis Anti-Static FR Vest Do for Me?
The vest has several helpful features:
- Anti-Static: Carbon fibre woven into the material of the vest means it will protect the wearer from electrostatic discharge in the case of an explosion
- Flame Resistant: Limited exposure to flames will not damage the vest or the wearer
- High-Vis: The 5cm wide reflective stripes and bright yellow colour qualify the vest as suitably high-vis for hazardous low light conditions
- Comfortable: A lightweight design means the vest is ideal for working in warm temperatures
The vest is made from the versatile and hard-wearing flame resistant material, Bizflame.
Is the Portwest High-Vis Anti-Static Vest Available in Any Other Colours?
Yes, the Portwest vest is also available in Orange. The orange version of the vest is certified as suitable for railway work.
Who Can Use the Portwest FR Vest?
Due to the lightweight design, reflective taping and bright yellow colour the vest is highly suitable for strenuous outdoor work in poor lighting conditions. The vest also features anti-static and flame resistant properties, making it ideal for environments where there is a risk of explosion. The vest is suitable for the following professional environments:
- Oil and gas industries
- Petrochemical refineries
- Dimly lit warehouses
- Offshore industries
- Construction work
Which Size Is Right for Me?
To find the correct size please measure the circumference of your chest as illustrated in the diagram below. Next establish your size with reference to the table and then select the appropriate option from the drop down menu at the top of the page. If you are between sizes we recommend choosing the larger.
|Size ||Chest Measurement |
|Small/Medium ||92 - 104cm |
|Large/Extra Large ||108 - 124cm |
|XX-Large/XXX-Large ||128 - 140cm |
|XXXX-Large/XXXXX-Large ||144 - 160cm |
What Certifications Has the Portwest High-Vis Flame Resistant Vest Received?
The vest has been extensively tested to ensure your total safety at work.
- AS/NZS 4602.1:2011
- EN ISO 14116:
- EN 1149:
- 5: Protects against electrostatic discharge in case of an explosion
- EN ISO 20471:
What Do These Certifications Mean?
- EN ISO 14116: This standard specifies whether a garment will protect a wearer from occasional and brief contact with small igniting flames
- AS/NZS 4602: Australian standard specifying the visual requirement for employees working with moving traffic
- EN ISO 20471: This standard certifies whether an item of clothing is capable of visually signalling the user's presence, and assesses the durability of the high-vis qualities of the garment
- EN 1149-5: This standard demonstrates whether a garment protects against electrostatic discharge in environments such as petrochemical refineries where there is a risk of explosion
The Portwest vest meets three separate visibility standards, and is certified as suitable for work in low light conditions. The vest also offers protection against electrostatic discharge and limited contact with flames.
Is Further Information Available on These Certifications?
If you would like to find out more about the standards mentioned here please read one of our blogs on the subject:
- Sew on flame resistant reflective tape
- Hook and loop closure for easy access
- Lightweight and comfortable design
- Generous fit for wearer comfort
- OEKO-Tex certified as free from harmful chemicals
What Are the Technical Details of the Portwest Vest?
- Shell Fabric: 98% Polyester, 2% Carbon Fibre, Warp Knitted 120g
- View Additional Shell Fabric Info: 98% Polyester, 2% Carbon Fibre, Warp Knitted 120g
|Declaration of Conformity |