Portwest FR77 FR Anti-Static High-Vis Long Sleeve Polo Shirt
The Portwest FR77 Anti-Static High-Vis Long Sleeve Polo Shirt will offer reliable protection from the hazards of electrostatic discharge and low-visibility often posed by industrial professions. The shirt remains lightweight and comfortable, with a high cotton content in the fabric and a button opening at the neck for ventilation if it is required.
What Can the FR Anti-Static High-Vis Polo Shirt Help Me?
The shirt has several helpful features:
- High-Vis: The shirt features reflective strips for high-visibility, and is certified as providing enhanced visibility in dangerous industrial environments
- Multi-Hazard: The shirt offers protection against electrostatic discharge, arc flashes and radiant, convective and contact heat, with a flame resistant ribbed cuff for added safety
- Comfortable: The fabric has high cotton content for a soft touch and is lightweight enough to allow for full freedom of movement
- Breathable: The concealed button front opening allows for ventilation if required
The polo shirt is made from an anti-static and flame resistant modacrylic. The carbon fibre woven into the fabric provides the inherent anti-static properties, and the high elasticity of the garment means that it will retain its shape after washing.
Who Can Use the Portwest Long Sleeve Shirt?
The long sleeve polo shirt is ideal for professions that put you at risk of flames or electrostatic discharge. For example, it is suitable for work in maintenance, electronics, engineering and utilities.
Which Size Is Right for Me?
To find the correct size please measure the circumference of your chest as illustrated in the diagram below. Next establish your size with reference to the table and then select the appropriate option from the drop down menu at the top of the page. If you are between sizes, we recommend choosing the larger.
|Size ||Chest Measurement |
|Small ||92 - 96cm |
|Medium ||100 - 104cm |
|Large ||108 - 112cm |
|Extra Large ||116 - 124cm |
|XX-Large ||128 - 132cm |
|XXX-Large ||136 - 140cm |
|XXXX-Large ||144 - 148cm |
What Certifications Does the Portwest High-Vis Flame Resistant Shirt Receive?
The shirt has been tested extensively to guarantee your protection at work.
- EN 11612:
- A1: Limited flame spread
- B1: Convective heat (scale 1-3)
- C1: Radiant heat (scale 1 - 4)
- F1: Contact heat (scale 1 - 3)
- EN 1149:
- 5: Protects against electrostatic discharge in case of an explosion
- EN ISO 20471:
- IEC 61482
- ASTM F1959M - 12 EBT = 4.3 CAL/CM² (HAF 66%)
- AS/NZS 1906. 4:2010
- ELIM testing in progress
What Do These Certifications Mean?
- EN 11612: This standard determines whether a garment offers protection against heat and flames, and whether this protection extends to convective, radiant or contact heat
- EN 1149-5: This standard demonstrates whether a garment protects against electrostatic discharge in environments such as petrochemical refineries where there is a risk of explosion
- EN ISO 20471: This standard certifies whether an item of clothing is capable of visually signalling the user's presence, and assesses the durability of the high-vis qualities of the garment
- IEC 61482: This standard indicates the garment's ability to provide protection against the thermal hazards of an electrical arc
- ASTM F1959: This standard determines the arc rating of a garment, which is the amount of energy needed to pass through the fabric to cause a second or third degree burn
- AS/NZS: This standard specifies the requirements for high-visibility materials for use in industrial safety garments
The shirt qualifies as highly-visible, sufficiently so that it can be used as an industrial safety garment. The shirt will protect from electrostatic discharge and the thermal hazards of an electrical arc, and also functions as a shield from convective, radiant and contact heat.
Is Further Information Available on These Certifications?
If you would like to find out more about this topic we suggest you read our blog on Flame Resistant Standards: What Do I Need to Know? Or alternatively, if you are looking for information about electrical arc protection, please read our blog on Arc Flash Protection: What Do I Need to Know?
What Are the Key Features of the Portwest Anti-Static Polo Shirt?
- The garment's inherent flame resistant qualities will not diminish with washing
- The shirt offers protection against radiant, convective and contact heat
- The premium sew on reflective tape is also flame resistant
- Flame resistant ribbed cuff for added safety
- Higher cotton content for superior comfort
- Concealed button closure for ventilation
- Fabric rated 50+ UPF to block 98% of UV rays
- OEKO-TEX certified as free from harmful chemicals
How Should I Care for the Shirt?
- Wash at 40°C or below
- Do not bleach
- Do not tumble dry
- Drip dry
- Iron at low temperatures
- Do not dry clean
- Shell Fabric: 60% Modacrylic, 39% Cotton, 1% Carbon Fibre 210g
|Declaration of Conformity |