Portwest MV27 Modaflame Anti-Static Overalls
The Portwest MV27 Modaflame Anti-Static Overalls are ideal for petrochemical refineries thanks to their outstanding resistance to electrostatic discharge. However, they are suitable for most multi-hazard environments, as they also offer protection against welding related hazards, harmful chemical splashes, arc flashes and radiant, convective and contact heat.
What Can the Modaflame Anti-Static Overalls Do to Help Me?
The overalls have several helpful features:
- Anti-Static: The overalls are inherently anti-static and will protect from electrostatic discharge in the case of an explosion
- Multi-Hazard: The overalls offer protection against chemical spatters, welding hazards, electrical arcs and radiant, convective and contact heat
- High-Vis: The overalls qualify as highly visible in low light conditions
- Functional: The overalls feature ten pockets for storage and two tier knee pad pockets for your comfort and the garment's durability
The coveralls are made from Modaflame, a woven modacrylic fabric with inherent flame resistance which will not diminish with washing. The carbon fibre in the material provides the inherent anti-static properties.
Who Can Use the Portwest Modaflame Anti-Static Overalls?
The Portwest bib and brace is ideal for environments such as petrochemical refineries where there is a risk of explosion, as the overalls will offer optimum protection against electrostatic discharge. The overalls are multi-hazard and are also suitable for any environment where protection is required from heat, chemical splashes, molten metal or electrical arcs.
Which Size Is Right For Me?
To find the correct size for you please measure the circumference of your chest and your waist as illustrated in the diagrams below. Then you can find the appropriate size with reference to the table, and select it from the drop down menu at the top of the page. If you are between sizes we recommend you choose the larger.
|Size ||Chest Measurement (cm) ||Waist Measurement (cm) |
|Small ||92 - 96cm ||76 - 80cm |
|Medium ||100 - 104cm ||84 - 88cm |
|Large ||108 - 112cm ||92 - 96cm |
|Extra Large ||116 - 124cm ||100 - 104cm |
|XX-Large ||128 - 132cm ||108 - 112cm |
|XXX-Large ||136 - 140cm ||116 - 120cm |
What Certifications Do the Modaflame Anti-Static Overalls Receive?
The overalls have been thoroughly tested so that you can be totally certain of your safety at work.
- EN 11612:
- A1: Limited flame spread
- A2: Limited flame spread, hemmed
- B1: Convective heat (scale 1-3)
- C1: Radiant heat (scale 1 - 4)
- F1: Contact heat (scale 1 - 3)
- EN 1149:
- 5: Protects against electrostatic discharge in case of an explosion
- EN ISO 11611:
- EN ISO 20471:
- IEC 61482
- Class 1 IEC 2: Protective clothing against the thermal hazards of an electrical arc
- EN 13034:
- ELIM testing in progress
- ASTM F1959/ F1959M - 12 ATPV = 8.4 Cal/ CM² (HAF=75.8%)
What Do These Certifications Mean?
- EN 11612: This standard determines whether a garment offers protection against heat and flames, and whether this protection extends to convective, radiant or contact heat
- EN 11611: This standard shows whether an item of clothing is suitable for welding or similar tasks and will protect the wearer from heat and metal splashes
- EN 1149-5: This standard demonstrates whether a garment protects against electrostatic discharge in environments such as petrochemical refineries where there is a risk of explosion
- EN ISO 20471: This standard certifies whether an item of clothing is capable of visually signalling the user's presence, and assesses the durability of the high-vis qualities of the garment
- EN 13034: This standard refers to a garment's ability to protect against spatters from dangerous liquid chemicals
- IEC 61482: This standard indicates the garment's ability to provide protection against the thermal hazards of an electrical arc
- ASTM F1959: This standard determines the arc rating of a garment, which is the amount of energy needed to pass through the fabric to cause a second or third degree burn
The overalls are inherently anti-static and offer protection against electrostatic discharge. They also provide protection against welding hazards, electrical arcs, chemical splashes and radiant, convective and contact heat. The coveralls qualify as highly visible in low light conditions.
Is Further Information Available on These Certifications?
If you would like to find out more about this topic we suggest you read our blog on Flame Resistant Standards: What Do I Need to Know? Or alternatively, if you are looking for information about electrical arc protection, please read our blog on Arc Flash Protection: What Do I Need to Know?
- The inherent flame resistant qualities will not diminish with washing
- The overalls offer protection against radiant, convective and contact heat
- The overalls are certified as class 2 welding protection
- Sew on flame resistant industrial wash tape for visibility
- Two tier knee pad pockets allowing for two positioning options
- Ten pocket for ample storage
- 50+ UPF rated fabric to block 98% of UV rays
How Should I Care for the Overalls?
- Wash at 60°C or below
- Do not bleach
- Do not tumble dry
- Iron at medium temperatures
- Do not dry clean
What Are the Technical Details of the Overalls?
- Shell Fabric: 60% Modacrylic, 39% Cotton, 1% Carbon Fibre 280g
|Declaration of Conformity |