Portwest S450 Sealtex Classic Jacket
When you work near water all day it's vital to find clothes that won't let it through to your skin. The Portwest S450 Sealtex Classic Jacket is the ultimate in hi-spec waterproof jackets, made from outstanding Sealtex fabric with a Texpel water-resistant coating and welded seams to offer additional protection against water penetration.
What Can the Portwest Sealtex Classic Jacket Do to Help Me?
The jacket has several helpful features:
- Waterproof: The tough Sealtex fabric, welded seams and Texpel water resistant fabric coating all serve to make the jacket completely waterproof.
- Breathable: Vented back yoke and eyelets for breathability
- Comfortable: Generous fit and stud adjustable cuffs so you can fit the jacket to your size
- Convenient: Two pockets for your belongings
- Versatile: Pack away hood and zip-fastened studded storm flap in case of more severe weather
Who Is the Portwest Jacket For?
The Portwest Jacket is for men working outside in wet conditions, such as at the harbour or by the quayside. The two pockets are extremely practical and the generous fit and vented back yoke allow for comfortable physical exertion while wearing the jacket.
What Size Is Right for Me?
To find the right size, consult the table below. Your required size can then be selected from the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
|Size ||Chest Measurement |
|Small ||92 - 96cm |
|Medium ||100 - 104cm |
|Large ||108 - 112cm |
|Extra Large ||116 - 124cm |
|XX-Large ||128 - 132cm |
|XXX-Large ||136 - 140cm |
|XXXX-Large ||144 - 148cm |
|XXXXX-Large ||152 - 160cm |
What Is the EN 343 Standard?
The EN 343 Standard outlines the garment's level of protection against wet weather. The garments are rated on their response to precipitation, fog and humidity, and then on their breathability under those conditions. The jacket has a 3:1 rating, meaning that they have the highest level of rain protection but are not classified as breathable under EN 343.
|Level ||Water Resistance ||Breathability |
|Level 1 ||Minimum level of rain protection ||Not classified as breathable under EN 343 |
|Level 2 ||Intermediate level of rain protection ||Intermediate level of breathability |
|Level 3 ||Highest level of rain protection ||Highest level of breathability |
What Is Sealtex Classic?
Sealtex is a high-technology, PU-coated fabric, on a flexible, resistant polyester, which consistently achieves top scores on hydrolysis and hydrostatic testing. These garments are guaranteed to keep the wearer dry in adverse conditions, with welded seams to ensure wind and rain are locked out. The durable stretchy fabric can be easily wiped clean, allowing all Sealtex garments to look good and last for longer.
What Is Texpel Splash Water Repellent Finish?
The jacket features a Texpel Splash water-repellent finish. This means that water beads away from the fabric surface, all while allowing for maximum breathability. Texpel also repels dirt, prevents stains and enhances the removal of any stains that do occur.
What Is Portwest's Select Rainwear Range?
The Portwest Rainwear collection allows for optimum outdoor performance. These garments are made from highly waterproof and breathable fabrics, ideal for protecting against harsh weather conditions. If you would like to know more about the brand try our blog on Portwest.
What If I Need More Thermal Protection?
The S450 is a great hi-spec waterproof jacket, but if you're looking for something with some extra thermal protection you might try the Portwest PWR Windproof Jacket.
How Should I Care for the Trousers?
- Wash at 40°C or below
- Drip dry
- Do not bleach
- Do not tumble dry
- Do not dry clean
- Do not iron
- Do not wring
What Are the Key Features of the Portwest Waterproof Trousers?
- Waterproof keeping the wearer dry and protected from the elements
- Waterproof with welded seams to prevent water penetration
- Concealed stud and zip fastening
- Pack away hood for added functionality
- Two pockets for secure storage
- Stud adjustable cuffs for a secure fit
- Vented back yoke and eyelets for added breathability and comfort
- Generous fit for wearer comfort
- 50+ UPF rated fabric to block 98% of UV rays
- OKEO Tex Certificate
What Are the Technical Details of the Waterproof Trousers?
- Shell Fabric: 100% Polyester, Tricot Knit, PU Coated 200g
|Declaration of Conformity |