Portwest S782 Yellow Bizflame Rain High-Vis PPE Trousers
Both the breathable FR cotton padding and the waterproof fabric helps the Portwest S782 Yellow Bizflame Rain High-Vis PPE Trousers achieve the highest possible rating under EN 343 for waterproofing and breathability. The trousers will shield the wearer from flames and chemicals, and feature an elasticated waist for maximum comfort.
What Can the Yellow Bizflame Rain High-Vis PPE Trousers Do for Me?
The trousers have a variety of helpful features, including the following:
- Waterproof: Taped seams and waterproof fabric to prevent water penetration, achieves highest rating for both waterproofing and breathability under EN 343
- High-Vis: Reflective taping for increased visibility, complies with strict visibility requirements for road work
- Multi-Hazard: Resistant to small igniting flames and chemical splashes, inherent anti-static properties
- Comfortable: Quilt FR lining for warmth, elasticated waistband for comfort, zipped ankles for ease in fitting over work boots
- Functional: The braces are fitted with a quick release buckle system for easy access
Are the Trousers Available in Any Other Colours?
Yes, the trousers are also available in Orange.
Who Can Use the Bizflame Rain High-Vis PPE Trousers?
The Portwest trousers are ideal for multi-hazard work in low-light outdoor environments. The EN 14116 standard demonstrates that the trousers effectively shield the wearer from small igniting flames, particularly in outdoor settings. Some of the professions the trousers are suitable for are listed here:
- Delivery drivers
- Road maintenance
- Vehicle restraint operatives
Which Size Is Right for Me?
To establish the correct size for you please measure the circumference of your waist as illustrated in the diagram. Then, with reference to the table below, select the right option from the drop down menu at the top of the page.
|Size ||Waist Measurement (cm) |
|Medium ||81 - 88cm |
|Large ||89 - 96cm |
|Extra Large ||97 - 104cm |
|XX-Large ||105 - 112cm |
What Certifications Have the Bizflame Rain PPE Trousers Received?
The Portwest trousers have undergone extensive testing, so you can be certain of your safety at work. Certifications include:
- EN 343
- EN ISO 14116:
- EN 20471:
- EN 13034:
- EN 1149:
- 5: Protects against electrostatic discharge in case of an explosion
What Do These Certifications Mean?
- EN 1149: This standard demonstrates whether a garment protects against electrostatic discharge in environments such as petrochemical refineries where there is a risk of explosion
- EN ISO 20471: This standard certifies whether an item of clothing is capable of visually signalling the user's presence, and assesses the durability of the high-vis qualities of the garment
- EN 13034: This standard refers to a garment's ability to protect against spatters from dangerous liquid chemicals
- EN ISO 14116: This standard specifies whether a garment will protect the wearer from occasional and brief contact with small igniting flames
- EN 343: This standard outlines the garment's level of protection against wet weather, the first class number referring to water resistance, the second referring to breathability
The Portwest trousers have inherent anti-static properties and are resistant to small chemical sprays and small igniting fires. The trousers have the highest possible rating for both waterproofing and breathability. The high-vis certifications show that the trousers are suitable for hazardous road work.
Is Further Information Available on These Certifications?
If you would like to find out more about the standards mentioned here please read one of our blogs on the subject. Please see the links below:
Key Features of the High-Vis PPE Trousers
- Waterproof fabric with taped seams to prevent water penetration
- Reflective tape for increased visibility
- Breathable fabric draws moisture away from the body keeping the wearer cool, dry and comfortable
- FR cotton lining for additional warmth and comfort
- Fully elasticated waistband for ultimate wearer comfort
- Back waist buggy for added protection
- Zipped ankles for easy fitting over work boots
Washing Instructions for the Portwest Trousers
- Wash at 40°C or below
- Do not bleach
- Do not tumble dry
- Do not iron
- Do not dry clean
- Use non-biological powder
- Do not use softener
Technical Details of the Portwest Trousers
- Shell Fabric: 98% Polyester, 2% Anti-static Carbon Fibre, Breathable, PU Coated 250g
- Lining Fabric: 100% Cotton Flame Resistant Lining 170g
|Conformity Statement ||User Instructions 1 ||User Instructions 2 ||User Instructions 3 |
| || || || |