Portwest FR89 Navy Bizflame FR Electrical Shirt
Although the Portwest FR89 Navy Bizflame FR Electrical Shirt is an impressive example of flame resistant, ARC2 rated clothing, it is just as comfortable and easy to move around in as an ordinary work shirt. The shirt offers protection from flash fires, as well as radiant and convective heat, and the high cotton content ensures it will feel soft against your skin.
What Can the Navy Bizflame FR Electrical Shirt Do for Me?
The shirt has several helpful features:
- Arc Flash Protection: ARC2 rating, attenuates 69.1% of heat resulting from an electrical arc
- Flame Resistant: Certified as protective from radiant and convective heat as well as flash fires
- Comfortable: Lightweight design for ease of movement, button cuffs for a secure fit
- Functional: Two pockets for storage and shirt tail hem will remain tucked in for convenience
The shirt is made from Bizflame 88/12, an innovative fabric that meets a variety of international safety standards. The cotton content guarantees soft handling and comfort, whereas the nylon provides abrasion and tear resistance.
Is the Shirt Available in Any Other Colours?
Yes, the shirt is also available in Khaki and Grey.
Who Can Use the Portwest FR Electrical Shirt?
The shirt is ideal for any profession in which arc flashes, flash fires and radiant and convective heat are all potential dangers. The durability and functionality of the shirt also ensures it can be worn on an everyday basis. Following is a short list of some of the professions and settings for which the shirt is suitable:
- Oil and gas industry
- Electrical engineers
- Drilling engineer
- Petroleum engineer
- Hydrographic surveyor
Which Size Is Right for Me?
To find the appropriate size for you please measure the circumference of your chest as illustrated in the diagram below. Then, with reference to the table, please select your size from the drop down menu at the top of the page.
|Size ||Chest Measurement (cm) |
|Small ||92 - 96cm |
|Medium ||97 - 104cm |
|Large ||103 - 112cm |
|Extra Large ||113 - 124cm |
|XX-Large ||125 - 132cm |
|XXX-Large ||133 - 140cm |
|XXXX-Large ||141 - 148cm |
|XXXXX-Large ||149 - 160cm |
What Certifications Has the FR89 Shirt Received?
The Portwest shirt has undergone thorough testing, so you can be certain of your safety at work. Certifications include:
- EN 11612
- A1: Limited flame spread
- A2: Limited flame spread, hemmed
- B1: Convective heat (scale 1 - 3)
- C1: Radiant heat (scale 1 - 4)
- ASTM F1959/ F1959M - 12 ATPV = 8.2 cal/ cm² (HAF = 69.1%)
- ASTM F1506 - 10a
- NFPA 2112 (2018)
- NFPA 70E (2015)
What Do These Certifications Mean?
- EN 11612: This standard determines whether a garment offers protection against heat and flames, and whether this protection extends to convective, radiant or contact heat
- ASTM F1959: This standard determines the arc rating of a garment, which is the amount of energy needed to pass through the fabric to cause a second or third degree burn
- ASTM F1506: This standard demonstrates that the garment is suitable for use by electrical workers exposed to momentary electric arcs and related thermal hazards
- NFPA 70E: This American standard indicates the garment protects against arc flashes
- NFPA 2112: This American standard illustrates the garment protects against flash fires
The shirt has received an ARC2 arc flash protection rating, and will attenuate 69.1% of the resulting heat. The has inherent resistance to radiant and convective heat, and will effectively shield you from flash fires.
The shirt is available in grey, khaki and navy
Is Further Information Available on These Certifications?
If you would like to find out more about the standards mentioned here please read one of our blogs on the subject:
What Are the Key Features of the Bizflame Shirt?
- Flame resistance guaranteed for the life of the garment
- Protection against radiant and convective heat
- Fabric blocks 98% of UV rays
- Two pockets for secure storage
- Button cuffs for secure, comfortable fit
- Lightweight design for freedom of movement
- Shirt tail hem stays tucked in for convenience
- OEKO-Tex certified as free from harmful chemicals
How Should I Care for the Portwest Shirt?
- Wash at temperatures of 60°C or below
- Do not bleach
- Tumble dry at low temperatures
- Iron at low temperatures
- Do not dry clean
What Are the Technical Details of the Electrical Shirt?
- Shell Fabric: 88% cotton, 12% nylon 237g
What Documentation Is Available?
|Conformity Statement ||User Instructions - 1 ||User Instructions - 2 |
| || || |