Portwest MV91 Modaflame High-Vis Flame Resistant Coveralls
The Portwest MV91 Modaflame High-Vis Flame Resistant Coveralls are ideal for multi-hazard environments where protection from heat, flames, metal splashes, chemical splashes and electric arcs are all beneficial. The coveralls qualify as highly visible, and feature a mandarin collar for extra neck protection.
What Can the Modaflame High-Vis Flame Resistant Coveralls Do to Help Me?
The coveralls have several helpful features:
- Flame Resistant: The coveralls will protect you from radiant, convective and contact heat, as well as metal splashes and other dangers associated with welding
- Chemical Resistance: The coveralls will protect you from chemical splashes
- High-Vis: The coveralls are high-vis, and qualify for wear by railway workers
- Arc Protection: The coveralls offer protection from the thermal hazards of electric arcs
- Functional: The coveralls feature a two-way concealed front brass zip, two tier knee pockets for your comfort, radio loops for easy clipping of a radio and eight pockets for ample storage
The trousers are made from Modaflame HVO Woven, a fabric that uses advanced technology to provide protection in a multi-risk environment. The fabric is certified to a range of standards, and the anti-static and flame resistant qualities are inherent and will not diminish with washing.
Who Can Use the Portwest Flame Resistant Coveralls?
The Portwest Flame Resistant Coveralls are ideal for professions where protection from a variety of risks is required. Amongst others, they are suitable for welding, railway work and hazardous industrial settings.
Which Size Is Right For Me?
To find the correct size for you please measure yourself around the waist and chest as illustrated in the images below, then find the corresponding size with reference to the table. Next please select this size from the drop down menu at the top of the page.
|Size ||Chest Measurement (centimetres) ||Waist Measurement (centimetres) |
|Small ||92 - 96cm ||76 - 80cm |
|Medium ||100 - 104cm ||84 - 88cm |
|Large ||108 - 112cm ||92 - 96cm |
|Extra Large ||116 - 124cm ||100 - 104cm |
|XX-Large ||128 - 132cm ||108 - 112cm |
|XXX-Large ||136 - 140cm ||116 - 120cm |
What Certifications Do the Modaflame Coveralls Receive?
- EN 11612:
- A1: Limited flame spread
- A2: Limited flame spread, hemmed
- B1: Convective heat (scale 1-3)
- C1: Radiant heat (scale 1 - 4)
- F1: Contact heat (scale 1 - 3)
- EN 1149:
- 5: Protects against electrostatic discharge in case of an explosion
- EN ISO 11611:
- EN ISO 20471:
- IEC 61482
- Class 1 IEC 2: Protective clothing against thermal hazards of an electrical arc
- EN 13034;
- ELIM testing in progress
- RIS-3279-TOM Issue 1
What Do These Certifications Mean?
- EN 11612: This standard determines whether a garment offers protection against heat and flames, and whether this protection extends to convective, radiant or contact heat
- EN 11611: This standard shows whether an item of clothing is suitable for welding or similar tasks and will protect the wearer from heat and metal splashes
- EN 1149-5: This standard demonstrates whether a garment protects against electrostatic discharge in environments such as petrochemical refineries where there is a risk of explosion
- EN ISO 20471: This standard certifies whether an item of clothing is capable of visually signalling the user's presence, and assesses the durability of the high-vis qualities of the garment
- RIS-3279-TOM: This standard determines whether a garment qualifies as suitably high-vis for working in the rail industry
- EN 13034: This standard refers to a garment's ability to protect against spatters from dangerous liquid chemicals
- IEC 61482: This standard indicates the garment's ability to provide protection against the thermal hazards of an electrical arc
The coveralls offer protection from convective, radiant and contact heat as well as heat and metal splashes. The coveralls are certified as highly visible and qualify as suitable for wear by railway workers. The coveralls will also shield you from chemical splashes, and the thermal hazards of an electrical arc.
If you would like to find out more about this topic we suggest you read our blog on Flame Resistant Standards: What Do I Need to Know?
What Are the Key Features of the Modaflame High-Vis Flame Resistant Coveralls?
- Inherent flame resistant qualities will not diminish with washing
- Sew on flame resistant industrial wash tape
- Coveralls offer class 2 welding protection
- Protection against radiant, convective and contact heat
- Concealed two-way front brass zip
- Two tier knee pad pockets allowing for two positioning options
- Eight pockets for ample storage
- Radio loops for easy clipping of radio
How Should I Care for the Coveralls?
- Wash at 40°C or below
- Do not bleach
- Tumble dry at low temperatures
- Drip dry
- Iron at low temperatures
- Do not dry clean
What Are the Technical Details of the Coveralls?
- Shell Fabric: 61% Modacrylic, 18% Viscose, 15% Polyester, 5% Aramid, 1% Carbon Fibre 300g
|Declaration of Conformity |